Friday, December 18, 2009

A day in the kitchen with my best friend...

Today Kent and I created some goodies from the kitchen. We enjoyed a relaxed afternoon of baking and visiting, listening and singing along to Christmas music, and of course, sampling our seasonal treats.
Such as Peanut Buster Parfait candy. Tastes just like the DQ namesake. This cookie sheet of tastiness includes a 12 ounce bag of butterscotch chips, a 12 ounce bag of chocolate chips, an entire 18 oz jar of peanut butter, 1 cup of butter, pudding, 2 pounds confectioners sugar, and a jar of dry roasted peanuts. Yum.


Then there were three batches of Kent's favorite Christmas treat... mom's Caramel Corn. He was in charge of this and did a wonderful job creating crunchy caramel corn with sliced almonds and walnut pieces. Super addictive!

And we can't forget the Pizzelle cookies. What would Christmas baking be without this tradition? I do like to change it up a little though. Since Kent doesn't care for anise flavoring, I have tried many variations over the years. We agree that this may be the best one yet... Lemon Coconut! Light, tasty, crunchy. Bet you can't eat just one.

And now our sugar rushes are wearing off and I'm glad to sit down for the evening. Tomorrow I'll be in the sewing room making special gifts for my family. I'm excited about that. And Kent gave me one of my Christmas gifts early. I was cleaning my old Black and Decker iron up with some steel wool prior to ironing yards and yards of fabric for Christmas gifts when he came to my sewing room with a beautiful Rowenta Pro iron. Yippee!! I gave it a real workout and it's wonderful. It will be super nice for my quilting, too.
Well, I'd better rest up for the next Santa's Workshop project.

No comments: